1. Lost your appetite recently? Eat some fresh ginger on an empty stomach before a meal and it will stir up your appetite. Particularly effective if you have recently been unwell and have a very poor appetite.
2. Ginger has been shown in many studies to assist the absorption of many essential nutrients.
3. It keeps the lymphatic system moving and prevents your glands becoming clogged.
4. Not a keen flier? Chew on a cube of ginger and it will take away some of that nausea.
5. Regular ginger consumption has been shown to improve the symptoms of IBS and flatulence.
6. Always have a gurgling stomach? Then chew on ginger!
7. Suffer with joint problems? Ginger is great as it has fairly potent anti-inflammatory properties. Eating lots of ginger will help reduce the inflammation as will adding ginger essential oil to your bath.
8. Feeling congested? Drink a cup of fresh ginger and honey tea to clear the nose and throat. Particularly good during those long winter months.
What health benefits do you normally get from ginger?